This term's value... RESPONSIBILITY.
Fewer and fewer people actually stand up for their decisions in life and admit their mistakes? Anything that goes wrong is always blamed on others. Today when you try to please everybody, people don't sit up and take notice. You need to get into their face and say something that grabs their attention. If you can't be criticized for it, it's probably not remarkable.
People blame everything else, except themselves for their life circumstances. It appears that we are living in a world where more and more people are becoming part of the 'sheeple' stupid brain dead mentality and rather blame anything else, than themselves for their circumstances. It's a society where the term mass manipulation is making more and more sense.
It's a society where people no longer have heroes to look up to. Suddenly power coupled with corruption is the norm. Winston Churchill, said, "The price of greatness is responsibility!"
You will never be great if you constantly find blame in others and always make excuses. "The price on contentment, is responsibility." In other words, finding true happiness, freedom and inner fulfilment is dependent on you taking responsibility for your own life!
Sigmund Freud said, "Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility."
Who or what is making us frightened of responsibility? Are the media and TV influencing people to become more greedy and to nurture a lack of self-respect and responsibility?
Leo Buscaglia, saw the light when he said, "If we wish to free ourselves from enslavement, we must choose freedom and the responsibility this entails." You cannot have freedom without responsibility! The minute you refrain from accepting that you and you alone are responsible for everything in your life, you will NEVER be content.
- Change the way you think and speak! Start with saying to yourself, "I MUST do something" rather than "Something should be done."
- When you mess up - own up! Be big and brave enough to admit your mistakes. We are ALL human and we all make mistakes.
- It's about you and you alone. So as long as you keep on blaming others, you give up your own power to change. Remember that you can ONLY get what you want in life when you STOP making excuses as to why you don't have it.
- With responsibility comes commitment and the trait of never ever giving up. ONLY YOU, are responsible for your failures! People with responsibility learn from their failures, pick themselves up and try and try again until they succeed. That's responsibility.
- "Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anyone else!"
- Finally, make it your responsibility to bring love and peace back onto this earth. Realise that the future lies in your and your hands alone.
Have a great term!
Kobus van Schalkwyk (Principal)